On February 27, a meeting of representatives of state agencies and the business community of Almaty city on the reforms of the Government of Kazakhstan joining the top 30 rankings of the World Bank «Doing Business» was hosted in Almaty. Meeting was attended by entrepreneurs of Almaty city, Director of Entrepreneurship Development Department of the Ministry of National Economy Galiya Dzholdybaeva, Chairman of the Committee of atomic and power oversight and compliance monitoring of the Ministry of energy Sungat Esimkhanov, Managing Director, Member of the Board of the "Damu" Fund Gabit Lesbekov and others.
The Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On amendments and additions to certain legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on radical improvement of the business environment in the Republic of Kazakhstan" takes effect from the date January 1, 2015. In accordance with the order of the President of Kazakhstan on joining the first top 30 ranking of the World Bank «Doing Business» by 2016 the Government of Kazakhstan is actively taking measures to improve the business climate in the country by improving the relevant legislation.
It is envisaged by the law on issues of cardinal improvement of the business environment in the Republic of Kazakhstan, implementation of measures to improve Kazakhstan's position in the World Bank «Doing Business» ranking.
Under this Act, the following changes to number of legislative acts:
- simplified considerably customs procedures;
- business registration period has been reduced to 1 hour and minimum registered capital requirement was removed;
- abolished the mandatory requirement of press existence for private entrepreneurs;
- reduced time and the number of procedures in obtaining permits for construction;
- canceled the mandatory notarized copies of documents wherever possible;
- excluded approval procedures and passing environmental review of project documentation of objects with lower environmental requirements and sanitary norms (IV category);
- state registration period of real estate belonging to the first category of complexity, including the newly built premises has been shortened;
- canceled registration fee for small and medium-sized enterprises.
In addition, in the area of land utilization, purpose of land classifier was cancelled with the introduction of 3 types of functional purpose of land for settlements (residential, social and commercial).
The head of state constantly mention the important role of small and medium-sized enterprises in the economic development of the country, and significant social impact of its activities.
In this regard, we believe that all the reforms positively affect the improvement of the business environment, which in turn will have a positive impact on the socio-economic welfare of the country.